Good nutrition is a critical component of a healthy life. At Duke Health & Fitness Center our experienced dietitians provide you with both the knowledge and support to help you maximize the health benefits of your daily nutritional choices.
Some of our areas of expertise include:
- Healthy and Sustainable Weight Loss
- Diabetes (pre-diabetes, Type 1, Type 2 and gestational)
- Heart Health (cholesterol, blood pressure, post cardiac event)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Eating Disorders: Binge eating disorder, Anorexia nervosa, Bulemia
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Digestive issues
- Vegetarianism/Plant Based Nutrition
- Sports nutrition/athletic performance
- Pregnancy Wellness
- Post Bariatric Surgery Nutrition
- Malnutrition and Unintential Weight Loss
Virtual Nutrition Offerings
Our Dietitian team is now able to schedule nutrition consults through telehealth. Contact our nutrition team to learn more about potential coverage with your insurance plan for this type of visit. Email Samantha Mendelowitz RDN at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consult. For all telehealth calls, we utilize Webex. (HIPPA compliant) If you would like to learn more about Webex Click Here to Get Started.
Individual Nutrition Consultations
Our registered dietitians/nutritionists (RDNs) offer individual consultations to develop detailed nutrition prescriptions, based on your individual needs and goals. Many health insurance plans cover nutrition consultations, and out-of-pocket options are available. For your convenience, we have appointments Monday-Saturday including early mornings and evening hours.
Do you want to measure your Resting Metabolic Rate?